McFadden Farm Summertime Burgers
- 2 cups of 2012 McFadden Farm Old Vine Zinfandel
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 lb McFadden Farm organic grass fed ground beef
- McFadden Farm organic garlic flakes
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium slicing tomato, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- Olive oil
- 3 Burger "everything" buns
- 3 slices of your favorite cheese
- Preheat your grill to medium-high.
- In a medium sauce pan over high heat, combine the wine and brown sugar, stirring until dissolved.
- Let boil and reduce to 6 Tbsp (3/8 cup). This will take about ~30 minutes. Let cool to room temp, ~10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, crumble McFadden Farm organic ground beef and season with salt, pepper, McFadden Farm garlic flakes and a couple dashes of Worcestershire sauce.
- Add 1/8 cup of McFadden red wine reduction and lightly toss to mix.
- Form 3 burger patties, handling as little as possible (they'll feel really loose and fragile).
- Drizzle tomato slices with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place burgers and tomatoes on the grill. Grill the burgers to desired doneness (we typically cook both the tomatoes and burgers ~4 minutes on each side).
- Top with a slice of cheese and remove from the grill.
- Place on a burger bun, drizzle the remaining red wine over the burgers, and top with a grilled tomato slice and the top bun.
Pair with 2012 McFadden Old Vine Zinfandel
Note: If a culinary adventurer, make your red wine reduction a little more rich using McFadden Old Vine Zin, beef stock, McFadden Grilling Herbs, brown sugar, and chilled butter.