• Chopped green chiles, mild or hot
• 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 4 flour tortillas
• ½ lb. Monterey Jack cheese, thinly sliced
• 2 green onions, trimmed and sliced
• ¾ cup fresh Dungennes crab
1. In a nonstick skillet add olive oil and heat. Lay 1 tortilla in the skillet and arrange crab meat and cheese covering it evenly. Scatter half the chiles and half the onions over the cheese.
2. Brush the top of a second tortilla with olive oil and place it on top of the tortilla that is on the skillet with the oiled side up. Weight the quesadilla with a plate and cook 2-3 minutes, or until the bottom tortilla is crisp and lightly browned. Remove the plate and turn quesadilla. Weight it again and cook it another 2 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Slide onto cutting board and cut into 4 to 6 wedges. Transfer to plate and serve immediately.
3. Serve with a fresh and lively salsa.
4. Pair with January’s Wine of the Month, the 2013 McFadden Chardonnay.